Palm Springs Women’s Jazz Festival Artist Submissions:
The Palm Springs Women’s Jazz Festival emphasizes the great stylistic and thematic diversity of women in jazz by featuring straight-ahead jazz, contemporary jazz, Latin jazz and blues. The Palm Springs Women’s Jazz Festival is an all-women’s music festival featuring the extraordinary talent of women musicians.
Palm Springs Women’s Jazz Festival
- Date: TBD
- Location: Various locations throughout Palm Springs, CA.
- Submissions Accepted: December 1, 2016 – March 1, 2017
- Selections Made By: June 1, 2017
Important information for those wishing to submit performance materials to the Festival:
- Artists may submit between December 1, 2016 and March 1, 2017 for consideration for the following fall season.
- All artist submission materials must be submitted in an electronic format via email.
- To ensure that your materials are received, make sure to type “ARTIST SUBMISSION” in the subject line when submitting materials.
- Please email performance materials to: email@example.com
- Audio or visual representations of the act or artist’s work. We encourage you to submit a recent YouTube video of a performance, and 2 contrasting recent mp3 recordings and/or link to music on your website
- One page bio
- Contact information (name, email address, telephone number)
Things to notate in your submission:
If you are planning to be in the Palm Springs or regional area Fall 2017
If you have a current CD recording out on the jazz charts; position
If you are a singer and perform a tribute to a female jazz/blues legend
Artist Submission Status
Please note: We appreciate your interest in performing at the Palm Springs Women’s Jazz Festival. Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, only selected applicants will be notified. All material received will be reviewed by the Palm Springs Women’s Jazz Festival Programming Committee who is responsible for all final selections. Artists selected to perform will be contacted directly by the festival. Previous year submissions are not held – you will need to re-submit materials for each year you wish to be considered.
We will contact you via email to confirm receipt of your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will follow up with you ONLY in the event that we are able to offer a booking. Please do not contact our office unless asked to do so, as the overwhelming demand for performance opportunities often precludes us from accepting or returning solicitation calls. Although we try to review every submission, we cannot guarantee that all materials that are submitted will be reviewed. Unsolicited information that is mailed to Palm Springs Women’s Jazz Festival will not be reviewed and will not be returned.
Thank you for complying with the submission guidelines. We sincerely appreciate your dedication to jazz and your interest in participating in the Palm Springs Women’s Jazz Festival.